Annual Asian Heritage Law School Scholarship
Boston divorce attorney Gabriel Cheong with Infinity Law Group LLC has announced a new scholarship for law students of Asian heritage. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded every fall semester and is intended to encourage more Asian Americans to consider law as a career option.
The Asian Heritage Law Scholarship is open to any students who will be attending law school. Candidates are asked to write a short essay describing how their background and experiences in the Asian American community influenced their choice to go to law school and how they plan to use their law degree.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States
- Recipients must be a 1L, 2L, or 3L student in the fall of application year.
- Academic achievement as reflected by an undergraduate cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA
- Recipient must be of Asian heritage with at least one parent of Asian ancestry
Applicants must submit the following by August 1st of the application year:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form
- One to three (1-3) page typed essay
- An official and complete copy of undergraduate college transcripts
- A copy of an acceptance letter from an accredited law school within the United States
- Proof of legal residency in the U.S. (i.e., birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
- Infinity Law Group Scholarship is to be used exclusively for law school tuition and related expenses.
- A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s law school to cover these expenses.
- Recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
Completed applications must be submitted no later than August 1st of the application year. Application materials should be e-mailed in PDF format to:
Infinity Law Group
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the scholarship should be sent to email@example.com. Please don’t call the firm with scholarship questions.
2014 Asian Heritage Scholarship Winner
2015 Asian Heritage Scholarship Winner