Information to bring to your divorce consultation
You’re ready to get a divorce and you’ve gone as far as setting up a consultation with a divorce attorney. These are a short list of items you should bring with you to your initial consultation with a divorce lawyer. Doing so will make it easier for the attorney to access marital property and give you a good idea as to what you can expect in a divorce settlement.
- Certified copy of marriage license
- Most recent statements from all bank and brokerage accounts
- Most recent statement reflecting all retirement accounts
- Most recent statements of any stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs held outside of brokerage accounts
- Any life insurance policies
- Most recent pay stub
- Copies of tax returns for at least the last 5 years
- Most recent statements from all credit card or debt obligations
- Information regarding any real property, including but not limited to: fair market value of the home (tax accessed value), total mortgage amount, names of people on the mortgage and title
- Information regarding any automobiles and motor vehicles
- Copies of all utility bills include gas, electric, telephone, grocery, etc.
- Any and all financial information regarding your spouse