Call for a Free Consultation for your Massachusetts case.
 (855) 941-0909

I’m Afraid to Tell My Husband/Wife That I Want a Divorce. What Can I Do?

If you are in a situation where you don’t think you and your spouse can communicate with each other or if you think bringing up the topic of divorce or separation will lead to abuse or an outburst, it might be best to file for a divorce without your spouse knowing (at first).

Once your divorce is filed and with the help of an attorney knowledgeable in divorce and family law, they might be able to serve your spouse with divorce papers and also force them to leave the marital home all at the time time.  This way, it will create a safer environment for you and your children during the divorce process.

If you are in fear of your safety, seek the services of local domestic violence agencies to set up a safety plan before you move forward with a divorce.

Contact Details

Main Office:
One Adams Place,
859 Willard St #400
Quincy, MA 02169
Phone: (617) 250-8236

75 State Street, Floor 1
Boston, MA 02109
Phone: (617) 652-5748

75 Second Ave, Suite 605
Needham, MA 02494
Phone:(617) 209-2230

Infinity Law Group accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Apple Pay for all legal services.